Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our appointments today

I woke up this morning with a call from centralized showings saying that someone was requesting a showing today from 1-3pm.  While that was super great news it meant I had to get myself and my boys ready to head to the neurologist across town and clean my house all before 8am.  Nevertheless, I got it done and was out the door.  I called the office and told them I was probably running 20 minutes late and they said that was ok.  When I got there, they told me that I had gone to the wrong office.  They had said the Katy location, not the Memorial City location on the Katy Freeway.  Honestly I had no idea there was another office.  So they said the earliest appointment in Katy was 1:30 and I took it.  It was 10am.  I had to be seen today because we have a $500 deductable every month for our insurance and we had already met it so this visit would be covered since it was the last day of the month.  Now I had to find something to do between 10 and 1 so we headed to the mall to look around and then eat lunch.  The mall is not a happy place with a 1 and 2 year old, but we got through it.  We arrived at the Katy location by noon and I let the boys sleep until our appointment.  When they took us back to the room the nurse told me it was going to be $210 for the visit.  I told her that we had already met the deductable when we went to TX Childrens for the MRI.  She said that it takes 4-6 weeks for those payments to post to our insurance so they would have to collect the money from me and if in fact we had met our deductable they would reinburse us.  UGH.  Do I spend our grocery money?  Will we get the money back in time for when we need it?  Too many unknowns so I had to reschedule.  I asked if they could just call TX Childrens to confirm we had met the deductable, but they decided that wouldn't work.  Rescheduling means I have to pay another deductable next month.  It also means that I totally wasted my day.  I was trying so hard to fight back the tears as I left the office and once we got on the road they came pouring down.  I was crying and crying and crying and then I heard Tyler say, "Momma whats wrong?"  I tried to look back and smile at him with tears rolling down my face and gasping between breaths and I must have looked so crazy.  He just gave me a little smile and kept repeating, "Whats wrong?"  Man I hope this is one of those memories he won't remember when he is older.  Why couldn't I hold it together until I was alone?  Well, anyways I am so happy and thankful that church is tonight and I can go and hear from the Lord.  I am so thankful I will get to see some of those super sweet people that have been so kind and loving and encouraging to me.  One day at a time.  I am not going to worry about next month or even tomorrow. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment