Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Taylor Swift donated $10,000 towards Jacobs service dog!


 
I’m having a hard time putting to words just how thankful, humbled, and excited we are about the recent events surrounding our family. If you haven't seen the girls' video yet and Taylor Swift's donation, you can view it here:
If there is one thing that we understand, it’s that we really didn’t deserve this gift. 
Yes, these compassionate and creative girls did an amazing job on their incredible video.  They worked hard and selflessly to try and raise money for Jacob’s service dog.  But, I am sure Taylor Swift sees hundreds, if not thousands, of renditions of her songs all the time. 

Although we do feel like Jordan and Makaylee are some of the cutest 12 year olds in the world, we also know that God has been caring for Jacob since he was just a little guy.  We have diligently prayed as a family for Jacob’s provision for years and God has always provided in His time and in His way for our family.  This time God worked through none other than TAYLOR SWIFT to take care of sweet Jakey-poo and has left us once again in complete and utter awe and wonder.

How can we even thank someone like Taylor, the world’s most famous, beautiful, amazing pop singer, for making such a huge donation to complete strangers?  Nothing that I say could do her gift justice.  We are amazed and deeply grateful.

We also sit in reverence of our God, who is sovereign over all things.  It is no coincidence that Taylor Swift or her mom saw Jordan and Makaylee’s video.  God orchestrated this in order to provide Jacob just what he needed.  It makes me wish that Jacob could understand how blessed he is that the creator of the universe is working so beautifully in his life.  I hope that one day we will be able to explain to him the miracles that God has done in his life.  God is so good.  God cares about each one of us and wants a relationship with every single person.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,[a] not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

John 3:16
16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

But until I can express to Jacob these things, all I can do is give all the glory to God.  My words cannot even express how my heart is feeling.  We have seen such an outpouring of love from friends and family and now from this huge world famous singer…Thank you. We don’t deserve it, but we are so grateful and feel so blessed by this donation. 

I can’t wait for Jacob to meet his new dog.  I can’t wait to see him walking all on his own, safely.  I can’t wait to see the day that Jacob realizes that the dog is his friend, and he connects with him.  I can’t wait to see their bond and how it grows Jacob.  I am such a happy and appreciative mommy. 

Thank you, Jordan and Makaylee for spending your free time giving to someone else.  Thank you friends and family, for your donations.  Thank you, Taylor Swift, for donating $10,000 to complete strangers! Thank you, Lord, for your perfect and astonishing provision.

Isaiah 46:8-11

“Remember this and stand firm,
    recall it to mind, you transgressors,
    remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me,
10 declaring the end from the beginning
    and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
    and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
11 calling a bird of prey from the east,
    the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
    I have purposed, and I will do it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment