Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jakey turns 1!!!!!


We were supposed to have Jacob's birthday party last weekend, but had to cancel it because everyone was sick.  So today on his birthday we had some people over.  There were only about 5 of us and when we sang happy birthday he screamed and cried.  Its so sad.  I don't quite understand why autistic kids have these major hearing issues.  There, I said it.  I think Jacob is autistic.  Actually I know in my gut that he is.  Cret doesn't think so, or maybe he is just trying to stay positive...  But what a precious blessing he is to me.  I love his challenges.  I feel like they're making me a better mom.  I am so much more aware of what the really important things in life are.  I am loving and appreciating everything that my kids do and say.  On that note...Jacob got his first tooth a couple days before his birthday.  Its so cute.  What wasn't cute was the fever, throwing up and crying that preceeded it. But it made its debut at the party and made him that much cuter.  Everyone hugged and kissed him and wished him a happy birthday. Anyways, it wasn't the normal birthday party, but it worked for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment