Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Perfect provision


Perfect provision.  
We are beginning yet another new chapter in our autism journey.  As I am sure most of you can relate, we have basically run out of money for ABA therapy.  It costs us thousands per month and we are not rich so we have prayed and prayed regarding decisions for Jacob.  After seeing his progression with ABA there is no way we could pull him out of it.  So, after much prayer, we have decided to sell our home to use the equity for therapy this next year.  I realize there are so many ASD families that go through this very thing.  Its been a hard change, but we know that it is the very best decision for our family. As I sit here reflecting on what this means for us, I can't help but to see God's perfect provision for our family.  This home is a means of providing the treatment for Jacob that he needs.  This journey is pushing us to realize what is and what is not truly important.  I have to keep reminding myself that its just stuff.  My house, my furniture, it is all just stuff.  In God's eyes, I want to be an example of a woman seeking Him and not materialism.  Its been a hard lesson for me that I am still trying to fight at times, but I am very thankful for all that He will do in our family through this.  I am very thankful to have a new home to move in to and I feel that having a smaller space may just bring us all even closer together and I look forward to that sweet time.  God is so good.  Please continue to pray for us, that the closing will go as planned for May 28th.  Please be in prayer for all the families selling their home and belongings for their children's needs.  Thank you God for these precious children and all the real joy they bring to our lives.  Thank you for the lessons we can learn through them. 

1 Timothy 6:6-10

But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and[a] we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Thank you for your testimony and faith in God. May he continue to bless you. Many prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings upon Blessings!!! Nothing can compare to our riches in our real Home!!!!! Hugs and Grace, Michele

    ReplyDelete