Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Praying for a miracle...

I probably won't always be blogging this much, but since this is the beginning I want to write down every issue.  I know this is a common issue with all autistic parents so... This morning I got the call from the head insurance lady for my husbands company.  I was told that our insurance does not cover anything for autistic children.  No treatment, no therapy, no testing.  I started crying on the phone with her and I could tell it was not easy for her to tell me.  I'm kind of at a loss of words....Just the 2 basic tests I need right away are $8000.  His neurologist also prescribed ABA therapy, which is the only thing with clinical research and statistics that prove it helps autism and that therapy is $1200 per month.  Thats a house payment.  Not sure what to do or how to feel.  My friend told me that we could apply for disability.  She said autism is considered a disability.  I think I will look into that.  For now, we have put our house for sale and are planning on moving in with my mom.  You can't be prideful when it comes to the health of your children.  We aren't planning on staying there forever, but for the next few months we need to be able to afford all the testing and therapy we can.  Funny how God can humble you.  The girl who loves stuff has to give it up.  I'm so sad and worried about the future and what it holds for our family and Jacob.  I do know that when things like this happen its a chance for God to change our hearts and make us better.  I read somewhere that trials are not enemies of faith, but chances to prove our faithfulness to God.  I'm thankful to know that God is working on me and my heart.  This is no surprise to God, so I'm just praying for a miracle. 

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Love you. You are a great mom and the best advocate for your little man He is more blessed to have you than a million doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I'm so sorry you all are having to go through this. I pray that every step of this will ultimately glorify God. I know it takes time and energy, but please do keep writing. Blogs can be a wonderful ministry, and I hope the online community can help you to feel less isolated. We are praying for you. Oh, and Evey misses Jordan, so I'll be asking to borrow her soon. I do love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a miracle with you, Allison!!
    Love you!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete