Thursday, November 1, 2012

Autism Speaks Walk 2012





 
The Autism Speaks Walk was awesome this year.  We had friends and family there supporting us and it really was an amazing experience.  I am so honored that I was able to be in the Grand Club for raising nearly $4,000.  I hope next year will be an even bigger success!
 
On another note, I thought it would be important to mention that this year's walk was way easier than last year.  Last year, we had just gotten the diagnosis.  As I walked I took pictures of all the signs on the side of the path with the statistics.  I watched all of the kids with autism and how they acted around their families.  I cried and cried.  It was a sad day for me.  I can't explain the feelings exactly.  It was just rough.  This year, however, it was so different.  I walked with hope.  Friends and family came to walk with us and it was fun.  I watched the kids with autism and smiled, knowing that my special little boy will make me just as happy and they do to their families.  It was so much better than last year. 
 
I write this to those parents who have recently received a diagnosis for their child.  It does get better.  I know it will never be easy, but it definitely isn't hopeless and it does get better.  Its only been about a year and I feel so much better than I did before. Your child will bring more joy to you than you can imagine. 
 
I want to thank everyone who donated or participated in one of our fundraisers.  Thank you so much.  If you have any ideas of how I can do an even bigger scale fundraiser please email me. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment